Thursday, October 25, 2012

yehaaa Z


Z is for zinc, my zinc bucket I am very proud of, the first time I have successfully grown potatoes, well I hope it will be a success when I pull them.  I got this idea from NZ House and Garden.  you put your potato with eyes sprouting in the bottom, just cover with dirt, then as it grows you keep covering with dirt, it only took a week for it to grow to the top of the bucket and this photo shows it about 2 weeks after it reached the top, you then leave it until it flowers and the leaves die to get your lovely home grown potatoes, this is a kipfler potato and I just planted one that started to sprout.  I love how the sun is catching on the side of the watering can and bath, such lovely colours.  Thank you Paddy, for challenging us, at first I thought I wouldn't have time but I got caught up in it.  It didn't matter who got them all first it was proving to myself that I could get all of them.

1 comment:

  1. great i think we should do plants flowers or tree a to z

    ReplyDelete