Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sharon's choices for September

 My choice of COWS taken rather quickly, we where driving on a back road and thought these cows where such a lovely pastural scene, but there was nowhere to pull of the road, so it was a quick turn on of the camera, up to the open window and snap, while John kept an eye out for traffic coming, fortunately there was not a lot of traffic on this Monday.  A little bit like NZ!!!!
 My choice of FORM OF OLD TRANSPORT was these beautiful old green trains, I love the colour, all weathered and worn.  I have some shots on Paddy's choices as well of same trains.  They where huge and quite hard to get the length in the shot, love the shunter bars on the bottom of the front, I wonder if they where to clear things that might have been on the tracks.

 I just had to include these wonderful old Buick cars into form of old transport, aren't they gorgeous.  I do so envy the people who do them up, and then travel around in convoy, dressing the part with their rock and roll music, so nostalgic.  Now thats living!!!!!
 Here is John drooling over them, was such an exciting find at the bulb farm of all places, one has to be always prepared, never know what photo opportunities are going to present themselves.  Don't you just love those long elegant curves, they don't make cars like them today aye!
 I tried all different angles to take this photo of a bronze STATUE of the Collie Coal miner, this was the best I could get without too much background distraction, I got down low and aimed upwards, can you see the Caddy in between his legs.
I like this close up one of him looking into the distance, Collie is a big Coal mining area.  While I was taking these photo's, it was when I noticed the beautiful old green trains just below that pink building.


HANDMADE is one of my sample peices for a workshop next month, the photo's in the collage are ones I took at New Norcia of the boys boarding house, to me it represents loneliness and the stairs lead up to the passage and the eye leads onto the empty room with the sunlight shining in the window,  this is the reason I take so many photo's, so I can incorporated them into my art.  Do you like it?

3 comments:

  1. nice handmade journey Jacky, like the close up of the statue as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i get shivers on your sample piece and i feel sad the train shuts were for cows act on the tracks i love the trains esp old ones . the cows do remind me of nz is your boy putting on a inch or two looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has put on a little weight lately, but it was cold too and he had a thick jacket on.

    ReplyDelete