Monday, February 20, 2012

Workshop in New Norcia

In April 15th to 22nd I am doing a workshop with Steve Goncalves, have a look at his website
www.sgphoto.com.au/frames.htm  I am hoping to become a better photographer and I will be taking my Minolta SLR which I will load with a black and white film and my Panosonic Lumix LX5 which I have used for my photo's on this blog.  Hoping I have every eventuality covered.  I am really excited, we will be staying in the monastery and as an early riser I hope to catch some stunning sunrises over the red dirt.  This time of the year it will be very red.

 Can you see the monk who just passed by as I took this photo last year with my Kodak Point and shoot.  All the photo's here where taken in July so as you can imagine it will be a lot dryer in April, we have had little rain.
                        Looking from the lovely old church down the walkway to the monastery.
And of course the graveyard, always a fascinating place to visit and explore the names, mostly nuns and monks.  Either side of this graveyard are double story buildings that where at one time boarding schools for country children who where taught by the nuns and monks.  Such a fascinating place, you are driving through rural countryside when you drive around the corner and here is New Norcia about 10 to 12 large buildings in the middle of nowhere or so it appears.

2 comments:

  1. That will be very exciting for you. Whereabouts is New Norcia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 1 and a half hours North of Perth, its a really magical place with a lot of history, I am really excited about doing the workshop .

      Delete