Thursday, February 2, 2012

fabrics



 the above elements that show the different fabrics used in a set of wings I made before Christmas


The three photo's above are of a lovely soft blue long vintage dress I brought at our fair, I like the way the light shines on the fabric.  I rumpled the dress on the unmade bed with rumpled sheets and a quilted bed cover I think I like the last one best as it shows more of the shape of the dress.
this last photo is of a coptic bound book with laces and fabrics on the cover.  It is not easy to photograph a book like this and show all the elements, I took this just with the light overhead and the reading lamp shining from the side, I had to move around to avoid falling shadows and that none of the straps where hanging down and making more shadows.  Do you think it shows the book off to advantage.

3 comments:

  1. these are lovely, I love the buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the book makes me want to touch gentlelike

    ReplyDelete
  3. These scraps of vintage look great. You should do a book sis you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete