Saturday, February 18, 2012

this weekend

 Reading Carla Coulson's book 'Chasing a dream' I got all inspired with the light of the rising sun after the sprinklers where on, had to go outside and snap some pics, I love the way the sun shines through the grape leaves, and the water pools on them.
 I took this yesterday about mid day, we went up and spent some time with Raymon, he lives not far from here, only stayed a short while as it was so windy I had trouble standing up.  I would like to seriously get up early and head for the beach or go down around sunset as the sun sets over the ocean.  The water does look inviting though.
I have been working on this entry for ages, it is for the workshop I am doing online with Juliana Coles called the Book of the night.  For this chapter I had to find my Motherline.  I had to do quite a bit of research on our Great Grandmother Sarah Ann Presling.  I had records from Eric Presling which are great for the Presling family but very little on Sarah Ann, the only record I had was that she was born in 1860, the first entry on the birth roll in Napier which only started then, it gave her fathers surname as Hawker and her Mothers as Bartle.  It frustrates the hell out of me that I didn't ask questions years ago when Nana was alive or even Mum could have given me some information about her.  I have done up a information sheet on our mother line on the computer and if you want a copy let me know, I will send it when I complete it.  Paddy did Eric Presling give you any of his families names, I don't even have a photo of her, unlike Grandpa Howchow's family who would have been considered wealthy, the Presling family was quite poor with 10 children it would have been hard going and no spare money for photographs.  The little house I have done up the top right corner is a house similar to what they would have lived in with 10 kids, it would have been cosy aye. I have enlarged photo so you might be able to read the journaling.
Hope you enjoy this little bit of history.
Jacky

2 comments:

  1. No he didn't. I could check to see if I could get hold of him somehow. He has a son who has a car yard in Auckland could follow that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would appreciate that Paddy, it is hard when you are so far away.

      Delete