Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Paddy's choices for April

 HIDDEN IN THE GARDEN
 pure setting
 elegant setting
 expressive setting
and aperture setting
SOMETHING COLOURFUL I have been making these hand bound journals and I guess this is as colourful as I get.  I have done the photo's in the different settings again and in this instance I think the elegant setting shows the richness of colour whereas the expressive changes the colour, in particular the bottom album which shows the true colour in the bottom photo, interesting exercise, I think the pure would be ok in a different setting, the 2nd photo shows the cloth in the background closer to the true colour.

3 comments:

  1. I like the way your ornament is hidden in the background. I had trouble hiding my buddha as my vegetables had grown so much. I like the expressive setting. Good to get the variety of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like your colours in your hidden and the other are so interesting tying to set up a place for my shots inside to experiment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon I just use my table, try to get a blank wall behind to avoid distractions, however, the photo's of my albums I draped some vintage tablecloth on table to get a suitable background, scrunching it up a bit so its not too flat, then standing on a chair (for those of us with ducks disease) aim my camera down so the only background is the cloth. You have to move things around a bit until you are satisfied that there is no distracting elements i.e. chairs or floor, edge of table, you get the picture. With these different settings on camera the truest colour of the background cloth is the elegant setting and the truest colour of the albums is the last one on aperture. It is interesting to try different setting to see which one you like best for the subject you are taking. In this case Paddy wanted something colourful so the pure is much too washed out, the expressive way to bright and artificial, aperture is a bit dull my choice is the elegant setting, of course this is to my eyes taste and it may not be the same for someone else. I like fabric as a background as it has texture and a sense of depth especially when it is rumpled.

    ReplyDelete