Sunday, April 28, 2013

My choice for April - Purple

 My choice for April is PURPLE all these photos where taken around 8 am, I find early morning light is so pure and clear.  I took 37 photo's and these are my final choices for different reasons.  Above the little sprig of velvet violets stand out against all the white, early morning sun is just reaching through.  I liked the contrast in fabrics in this photo, it was taken in pure setting which cut out the dark shadows.
 This little bowl I bought many years ago outside Wellington, I like the pale reflection on the dull table surface.
 I only had one purple flower in the garden at the moment, to show off its daintiness I put it on different surfaces as backgrounds.



When I chose the colour purple I had this velvet and silk scarf in mind, I have tried to show both sides, the lovely gleam of the velvet with the smooth texture of the silk backing.  Lovely old worn shoe that someone special gave to me gives a wonderful roughness to balance the textures, contrast in colour and the blend of old and new.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY LIKE THE FREEDOM OF ONE CHOICE YOU GET TO PLAY AT THINGS I REALLY LIKE THE CONTRAST OF THE FIRST ONE THE CONTRAST IN TEXTURE AND THE SUN LIGHTING UP BITS LOVE THE SILK WITH THE DIFFERENT SIDES DOES MAKE YOU THINK

    ReplyDelete