Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Christmas home this year 2012




 I kinda liked how this outside area turned out, this was where we celebrated christmas lunch on the Saturday.  The chandelier, was very expensive and exclusive, haha.  I used an old hanging basket,  I had some tulle left over after making the big tulle hanging ball.  Threaded it through the bars and fluffed it out in the middle.  attached old crystal bits of a chandelier and then threaded glass bead swag around the top, cool aye, well I liked it
 my new mirror.  I went out shopping with great expectations that I was just going to find what I wanted for my christmas decorating.  Some pine swags and big packs of candles, hmmmn, never found either.  So used the Eucolyptus ones I have had for quite a few years and had to buy the candles individually, I wanted white and don't like the one perfumed vanilla.  They worked out quite expensive, still will have them for next year.
 Star John made from salvage yard timber, looked so pretty lit up at front door
under the pergola with lights lit up.  I bought these party lights, took out all the coloured bulbs and replaced with clear bulbs, they did look pretty, moved the tulle ball to the centre.  I like the white chines lanterns in 2 sizes, by the time I got my act together there was none of the big ones left.  The lights make this area more usable at night, we had tea out there most nights while Kirsty and family where here.  Now I want one of those big fans up on the edge of the guttering to keep it cool.

 Not so easy to downsize
 my christmas tree, I never got any photo's with presents underneath.  I had thin red striped paper which did look nice with all the white.
 mantle piece with the white candles
 display on top of TV cabinet, I would have liked fresh greenery but didn't know where to get it

 Some of the christmas lights I got in the city, this was St Georges Terrace with a row of beautiful angels on top of poles down the centre of the street.

 I think Jo liked her present
These beautiful gold sparkly decorations where in one of the arcades

1 comment:

  1. Your outdoor area looks beautiful. A nice place to sit out of the heat. I love your candelier very clever. Your indoor decorations look lovely too. I like all the white candles together. John has done a lovely job of the star. That is a really nice photo of Joanne too and Jessica and bubby.

    ReplyDelete