Saturday, April 21, 2012

Portraits at New Norcia

 This was the first portrait I took, ISO 800 f4.5 1/500 subject our chef.  This was the best one as you can clearly see the light and great shadow giving his face form and shape, captured the light hitting his right eye which gives life to the portrait.  I will play around with this on photoshop and get rid of the background.  All these photo's have not been manipulated on photoshop.
This was lovely Lester, a real sweetie.  He took me looking for kangaroo's one day just before tea, found a few but I could not remember what Steve our teacher had told us to do when subject was moving, so didn't get any shots.  I should of got him to move his face to capture light coming in the window.
ISO 800 f4.5 1/125
 I took this photo of this lovely guy smothered in sunscreen sitting having his photo taken, I asked if I could take one as well.  Then I had to sit in with him to have my photo taken with him, which I obliged.  This was at the Pinacles, I got a good shot of light and shadow but was unable to capture the light in his eyes.  ISO 100 f7.1 1/640
 This lovely elegant lady is Phillipa, who reminded me so much of my Phillipa.  Tall elegant, long floating clothes, she looked marvellous in yellows and oranges.  Phillipa taught the felting group and was from Brisbane.  She has wonderful bone structure, but I didn't capture enough shadow and light, I try to rush it so they won't be embarrassed.  ISO 800 f7.1 1/50
And this is Glenys our big boss who is the organiser and one of the teachers.  This is quite good, good light and shadow, foreground not too good. ISO 800 f7.1 1/8
The rule of thumb with ISO was inside 800 and outside 100.  I learnt the ISO pretty quick but still need to practise on focus.  Portraits where only covered very little, mainly landscapes.  Will add more later.

2 comments:

  1. these are lovely shots Jacky, look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jacky, so great to see your portraits. I love portraits too though they are always a challenge! Love yours.. Carla

    ReplyDelete