Monday, April 23, 2012

New Norcia unexpected visits

This poor little guy had been attacked by magpies, before being taken off to the vet, we took it into the chapel to take photo's.  Doesn't he look just forlorn.  I was unable to get a good close up with my camera as the zoom was not sufficient to get near without frightening the poor thing.  Steve our tutor got some real good photo's and put one on my usb will share when I find it.  But isn't it just beautiful, had its wing strapped and went off to a wildlife home to recuperate.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't notice that photo before when I looked at your blog. Those owls are beautiful. I didn't realise you could get them in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. doesn't he just look woeful, he's only a baby, someone heard him calling out through the night, maybe just learning to fly and got lost. I loved the heart shaped markings, I have a close up but not a good photo, will add it with the next lot. I believe you can get quite a few different owls here as well as the frogmouth...

    ReplyDelete